Aug 17, 2009

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!

Call the land line! um please

I know that sounds like a shocking idea. But remember back in the day? Back before we had cell phones? Back when we had to write letters to each other in order to communicate? Then came phones with looooooongggg cords attached to walls. Handy for walking around the kitchen and doing dishes while chatting. Then came the intense novelty of answering machines. Actual machines. That you plugged into the wall. And then we finally got all high tech with digital voice mail and cell phones and 8 frajillion other ways to stay connected at all times.

But here's the cuckoo nutty thing: if I don't answer my cell when you call, and I don't call you back when you leave a message, and that happens for five or six days, don't you think PERHAPS, just perhaps, the problem might be that I've lost the damn thing? Or that the battery is dead and the charger is broken? Or that there is actually a reason I CAN'T get your message?

And  if you really wanted to talk to me, instead of leaving a dozen increasingly frustrated messages on my cell, you might try calling my actual home phone number. Because, honestly, there are days, weeks that I don't turn my cell phone on or remember to charge the stupid cell phone battery. But my home phone? It always works.

Okay now I got that off my chest! and now I feel better.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Amen and Amen!

Norma said...

Marie you know me so well I could hear your Amen way across town! Love ya my friend

Jody said...

Norma, i love you!