Nov 22, 2009

Things for Which to be Thankful



        Trains, cars, and airplanes,  that allow us to travel great distances to be with our loved ones.

        The spouse who complains when dinner is not on time, because he is home with me,
        not with someone else.

        My boys's who are complaining about doing dishes, because that means they are at home
        and not on the streets.

        The mess to clean after a party because it means I  have been surrounded by friends.

         The taxes we pay because it means that my husband is employed.

         The clothes that fit a little too snug because it  means I have enough to eat.

         My shadow who watches me work because it means I  am out in the sunshine.

         A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning  and gutters that need fixing
         because it means I have a home.

         All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.

         The space I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.

         My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.

         The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.

         The piles of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.

         The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because  it means that I'm alive.

         Getting too much email bogs me down but at least I know I have friends who are thinking of me.

        Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.





Photobucket

No comments: