Dec 1, 2008

Thinking of Amanda

Amanda Esther Attardo

Born: May 24, 1992  - Died: Nov 10, 2008
This sweet beautiful girl has been on my mind everyday ever since I received news she died.  Her name was Amanda, She was my son Cory's ex-girlfriend for a while last year.  She was a sweet girl with so many problems.  I spoke to her a couple of times about anti-depression medication and about talking to GOD about it. 
I feel really sad that medication could not help her pain the day she committed suicide.  I know that pain, for most of you who don't know my story, I to try to commit suicide 13 years ago not once but twice and did not succeed. I thank GOD now for not allowing it at that time. GOD has me here for a reason and He is not thru with me yet!   I wished I knew that Amanda was going thru rough times, maybe I could of helped her in some way. My heart is so heavy with pain for her and the loved ones she left behind, and wonder why GOD has taken her life so soon. 

8 comments:

The Gibbs said...

That is so sad, she is a beautiful girl. I will be praying for your family as you go through this loss, only God knows why her life was so short.

mrsuribe said...

Beautiful pictures Norma; thank you for sharing. Amanda's family will be in our prayers.

Jody said...

What a beautiful collage you put together for her Norma. You are in my prayers.... as is Cory.

Anonymous said...

i knew amanda since fourth grade. i miss her soo much. this is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I have missed Amanda every single day since the day we lost her. It is a sadness that I carry with me and find difficult to share.

Anonymous said...

I HAVE ALSO KNOWN AMANDA SINCE THE 4TH GRADE SHE ALWAYS SEEN TO BE SUCH A HAPPY PERSON I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT SHE WOULD DO THIS...I DIDNT TALK TO HER AT SCHOOL BUT WHEN I HEARD THIS NEWS IT WAS SAD I EVEN BEGIN TO CRY.IT HURT ME TO KNOW THAT SOME ONE THAT I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH DID THAT THEM SELVES... RIP AMANDA ULL ALWAYS BE IN MY MIND

Anonymous said...

i dont even know this girl but somehow i feel all the sadness of people around her. we go to the same school. and i felt like crying even though i didnt knew her.

Anonymous said...

i feel really disrespected with the way you said "its sad her medication didnt work" you didnt know manda at all or the reasons for her doing, and little comments you have to make can be left out for the familys sake.