Mar 27, 2009

Cory's 18th Birthday

Today is my baby's 18th Birthday. Gosh to think I have to grown street legal adults now living at home. Cory's my baby and will always be my sweet baby boy. I'm coming home today from Colorado and will be celebrating his birthday tonight.

I'm so proud of him for the way he lives his life, the choices he has made that are so entirely different from mine at that age. Sure he's had his issues, been a typical teen, and driven me to the point of ripping out my own hair occasionally, but for the most part he has been an obedient, respectful, understanding, and loving child. I have been so incredibly lucky to have him in my life. I can't take all the credit for the way I have raised him, I give half of it to Rudy who is such an awesome Dad . I have made plenty of mistakes as a mom, but somehow Cory forgave me for everyone of them and just keeps on showing me every day how much he loves me.

Happy 18th Birthday my sweet Cory! Mommy loves you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy bday Cokie!!!! The big 18!! I can not believe it has been 18 years since you graced us with your life, whew I am old!!!!!! I love you very much - COngrats Norma and Rudy - Cory is a fine young man.

Love and kisses,
Auntie

Anonymous said...

KiKi !! Hoppy burstday! We love you lots!

Your cousins,
Keewee, Haydee, and Meme
aka...the triplets

Jody said...

Happy Birthday Corey! Norma, I am sure you and Rudy are very proud... he is a handsome boy! :?) I am sorry for you, that you are leaving, but excited for you all at the same time! I can't wait to see new posts!

Anonymous said...

Cory,

Happy BDAY! Wow it was 18 years ago when I first saw you in the hospital, with your little KOO KOO.
Look at you now. I'm proud of you and I love you.

Uncle pocket