Aug 13, 2009

Because I have nothing better to DO!

Yes... I'm actually posting. Don't get too excited... this will probably won't last very long before I go back to Hibernation until my next post! 

I've been getting E-mails from some readers wanting to know what the daily mugshot pictures are all about.  So in response to those E-mails I'm posting, Yay!

I’ve been taking my Daily Mugshot for a few weeks now; I just took my 23th mugshot. I’m not doing this to share my ugly mug with the world, rather to chronicle how many diffrent looks I have throughtout a period of time. I’m not sure if this little experiment is rooted in science or vanity, but at a few seconds a day, I think it’s worth my time.

Daily Mugshot is set up so that you take one picture of only your face everyday. There’s no real point to this other than killing a few seconds of your day, but once you’ve taken your picture for several weeks, months, you can view your video that shows you every picture in the order you took them. You can see your transition from the before to the present. Pretty cool huh!

As much fun as it is to see how your face changes over time taking the picture is no easy task.

My first problem is that my serious picture face is extremely mean and bitchy-looking. and I don’t want to look like a crazed middle age woman when I take these pictures, but unless I smile, I look like I’m in a serious state of mind. I try to remember what a  friend of mine once told me, “Make your serious face and then think you’re an angel and think angelic thoughts.” Yea, right! That’s why she’s the model and I’m not, haha. I think “angelic” thoughts and I still look like I'm lost somewhere. I try to smirk, but then my face looks crooked.

The smirk isn’t all that easy to pull off either because I have such a big smile. I try to pull the typical Myspace-pout-your-lips-to-look-sexy look, but have no luck, I just look silly and makes me look like I ate a sour lemon. so I just show off my new pearly white teeth and smile!

I try to look non-chalant when taking the shot and the result is a mid-aged wanna be model,  Nevertheless, it’s fun and I continue to take my daily pictures. So go ahead and laugh but I know you want to try it too 

4 comments:

Debbie said...

FINALLY!!! LOL! You have a GREAT smile Norma! How come you haven't blogged lately? I took a little break after I got sick (ugh) the flu in the summer with no air conditioning. I know, I know! I'm thankful I have it!

Norma said...

Thanks Debbie! Maybe I should post why I haven't blogged, I'll do it just for you... and regarding the air conditioning you know I was just poking fun at you my friend. Now go and get a daily mug account and post it to your Blog!

Marie said...

Norma, first of all, you photograph beautifully. I seriously, seriously do not. Do you remember how long it took for us to get one shot we liked. Maybe I'm just that much older than you or you have some special stuff you use on your face to remove/hide wrinkles. If you do, pass it on oveA sista. From a friend in desperate need!
Marie

Jody said...

I think you and Ang are two of the prettiest women i have ever met:)